Our Core Health Advocacy program, centered around our team of Personal Health Advocates (PHAs), offers a comprehensive spectrum of programs that help employees navigate the complex healthcare and insurance systems. Our team assists employees and their families with clinical and administrative issues involving their medical, hospital, dental, pharmacy and other healthcare needs.
How Health Advocate Works
Participants calling our toll-free number are assigned their own Personal Health Advocate (PHA), typically a registered nurse, who is supported by a team of medical directors and benefits specialists. Health Advocate keeps all calls strictly confidential in compliance with the privacy provisions of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), freeing plan sponsors of the financial and legal liability.
Our highly personalized assistance addressing a range of sometimes challenging and sensitive health issues helps ensure that employees receive the quality care—and the correct answers—they need, when they need it. This one-on-one support frees employees of worry and time lost seeking solutions and enables them to remain fully productive on the job.
For employers, this means reduced healthcare costs and greater savings.
We effectively help reduce your HR staff’s workload and offer considerable savings in medical costs and productivity.
- Independent and objective service
- Increases productivity and reduces claims costs
- Eases burden on Human Resources staff
- Helps support consumer-driven health programs
- Increases employee satisfaction and retention
- Improves quality of care
- Helps employees better balance work and family health concerns
- Professional, non-adversarial approach to finding the right answers
- Complies with HIPAA privacy and confidentiality requirements